Protective Effects of Indole-3-Carbinol-Loaded Poly(lactic-co-glycolic acid) Nanoparticles Against Glutamate-Induced Neurotoxicity. > 연구자료실

본문 바로가기

연구자료실

연구자료실
IP: ***.***.***.4.1

Protective Effects of Indole-3-Carbinol-Loaded Poly(lactic-co-glycolic…

페이지 정보

최고관리자 조회수 : 2,657

본문

J Nanosci Nanotechnol. 2015 Oct;15(10):7922-8.

Protective Effects of Indole-3-Carbinol-Loaded Poly(lactic-co-glycolic acid) Nanoparticles Against Glutamate-Induced Neurotoxicity.

Abstract

Indole-3-carbinol (I3C) has anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. Nonetheless, the potential of I3C to treat neurodegenerative diseases remains unclear because of its poor ability to penetrate the blood-brain barrier (BBB). Because polymer-based drug delivery systems stabilized by surfactants have been intensively utilized as a strategy to cross the blood-brain barrier, we prepared I3C-loaded poly(D,L-lactic-co-glycolic acid) (PLGA) nanoparticles (NPs) that were stabilized by Tween 80 (T80) (I3C-PLGA-T80-NPs) and examined their neuroprotective potential in vitro. We prepared I3C-PLGA-T80-NPs with an oil-in-water (o/w) emulsion solvent evaporation technique and confirmed their successful synthesis with both transmission electron microscopy and Fourier transform-infrared spectroscopy. I3C-PLGA-T80-NPs were then used to treat PC12 neuronal cells injured by glutamate excitotoxicity (GE) and examined the resulting survival rates compared with PC12 cells treated with I3C only. The 3-[4,5-dimethylthiazol-2-yl]-2,5-diphenyltetrazolium bromide (MTT) assay revealed higher survival rates in I3C-PLGA-T80-NPs-treated cells after GE injury compared with those treated with I3C only. Furthermore, I3C-PLGA-T80-NPs decreased the levels of reactive oxygen species (ROS) and apoptosis-related enzymes (Caspase-3 and -8) in GE-damaged neuronal cells. Taken together, I3C-PLGA-T80-NPs might possess neuroprotective effects against GE through ROS scavenging and subsequent apoptosis blockage.

대표 : 김좌진 ㅣ 개인정보관리 : 김좌진 ㅣ 사업자번호 : 253-86-01081 ㅣ 통신판매업신고: 2018-대전동구-0190호
본사 : 대전광역시 동구 충정로 21, 4105호 ㅣ 기업부설연구소 : 대전광역시 동구 충정로 21, 4104호
당사는 모든 이미지의 무단사용을 금하며, 무단사용시 저작권법 98조에 의거 민형사상 책임을 지게됩니다.
COPYRIGHT ©2019 (주)프로셀컴퍼니. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.